2021 Late Model Rules
The APC United Late Model Series rule book will be used (click here to see) with the following amendments made:
- 602 crate engines will run a 1 inch spacer, a 650 carburetor and have no restrictor
- “Red Seal” 604 Engine: Allstar 1/2 inch restrictor plate with 1.150 inserts
- “Blue Seal” 604 Engine: Allstar 1/2 inch restrictor plate with 1.100 inserts
- Ford 347 Crate Engine: Allstar 1 inch restrictor plate with 0.950 insertsNOTE: “Red Seal” Engine is an unaltered Gm 604 Engine sealed with APC Series Red Seals. Blue Seal Engine is a Gm 604 retaining factory specifications & sealed with APC Series “Blue Seals”
- Scanner: one way radio MANDATORY on either the driver or spotter, available at McColl Racing
- Shocks: Delaware Late Models may use a different shock. Email email@example.com approval
- TIRES: American Racer 10 inch slick, Tire inventory allotment of 1 additional tire per event attended.
- Transmissions: Delaware Late Models may also use a stock O.E.M. three speed or four speed.
- WEIGHTS: All weights will be measured with the driver sitting in the driver’s seat with their hands on the steering wheel, helmet on drivers lap and driver sitting fully upright. Minimum car weight measurements will be taken following the race, no top up of fluids allowed. Events with 100 laps or more receive a 1% weight break!
Base weight – 2800 pounds, 58% Left, 52.5 Maximum Rear
Straight Rail Chassis – Add 15 pounds total weight
Engine Setback 1/2” to 4” – Add 15 pounds to total weight
Perimeter Chassis weight – Deduct 30 pounds of total
NOTE: ANY AND ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BY DELAWARE SPEEDWAY MANAGEMENT IN THE INTEREST OF FAIRNESS
For all Technical & Race related questions, please contact Darryl Timmermans