Pumpkin Smasher Information
Delaware Speedway management is excited to unveil plans for the annual Pumpkin Smasher event, scheduled for Saturday, September 29th at 4:00pm. General admission for the event is just $10 for adults! There is also a winter clothes drive in support of the Boys and Girls Club. Race fans are asked to bring a clothing donation to this event. There will be lots going on throughout the day, including face painting, bouncy castles, a demolition derby and the championship race for the Discounted Autoparts Depot and Supply Bone Stocks.
The event will feature a pair of 50 lap races for the Discounted Autoparts Depot and Supply Bone Stocks, with an intermission separating the two that will allow race fans to come down to the track and smash pumpkins on the front straightaway. A demolition derby will cap off the event, paying:
1st – $800 plus a trophy
2nd – $500
3rd – $300
Best appearing – $100
Hardest hit – $100
General rules for demolition derby:
- Must be 4 or 6 cylinder compact cars
- OEM Bumpers, absolutely no reenforcing!
- Drivers door plate, cross bar behind driver, cross bar in front of driver all highly recommended
- Roof shutoff switch mandatory
- Battery must be covered
- Fuel tanks behind the axle must be removed and a safety tank or similar securely installed inside the car
Drivers can register for the demolition derby by emailing email@example.com or calling 519-652-5068