Last Minute Checklist for the APC Summer Showdown
Below is a list of items to look into or check before heading out to the races on Wednesday July 18, 2012 for the APC Summer Showdown. Good preparation for the day can help us greatly improve your guest experience:
Option A: Purchase Online
Highly recommended, allows spectators to avoid gate lines and enter the facility immediately on arriving without having to purchase a ticket. Having the ticket in hand also guarantees entry to the event which has a risk of selling out. Click here to buy online.
Option B: Purchase at Gate
The box office for the event will be opening at 12:30 pm – - tickets will not be available at the facility before that time. Spectators purchasing at the gate can pay by cash, debit, or credit.
WHAT TO BRING
- Baseball Hat
- FM Radio (89.1 FM is the track radio feed)
- Sunscreen for the afternoon.
- Lawn Chairs (if sitting in the lawn chair seating)
Small, personal-size coolers are also permitted. Any beverages entering the facility must be sealed in their original container.
***Note: absolutely no pets are allowed in the facility.***
Fans hoping to meet and collect autographs from the NASCAR drivers should be especially aware of the times for the day.
- Free bands (limited to 300 per driver) will be distributed prior to gate opening at 2:00 pm on a first-come-first -served basis. They will be handed out one hour before gate time or when the lines reach maximum length. Fans in this session must select which driver they wish to meet (Michael Waltrip, Clint Bowyer, or Travis Pastrana). The session for these bands will take place at 6:30 pm. (Learn More)
- Paid bands (limited to 100 per driver) can be picked up near the souvenir booth. This session will take place at 3:00 pm. There are still paid bands available for purchase online. When purchasing their band, fans in this session must select which driver they wish to meet (Michael Waltrip, Clint Bowyer, or Travis Pastrana). (Learn More)
- VIP Meet & Greet fans are able to enter through the turn 1 secondary gate before 12:45 pm. There are still VIP Meet and Greet tickets available for purchase online which allow fans to meet all three drivers. (Learn More)
Fans with an autograph band have the opportunity to have one item signed with their band. The item can be anything ranging from programs, die-cast cars, or other options. Some sessions may have time for a quick photo depending on time lines.
WHERE TO SIT
Option A: Lawn Chair / blanket seating on the spectator hill is a great option for busy events like the APC Summer Showdown and provides the largest variety of options. Lawn chair seating in turn 1 is non-smoking.
Option B: Grandstand seating provides a great view of the front stretch and pit road. Two grandstand options exist, one in front of the broadcast tower which is a licensed area and another in front of the main entrance which is the non-smoking family grandstand. Grandstands fill up very quickly at the event.