BONE STOCK EVENT ADDED TO SCHEDULE FOR END OF SEASON
Affordable Bone-Stock competition is coming to Delaware Speedway!
The track is releasing details on a wild new event which will be hosted on October 15th at 1:00 pm called the Delaware Speedway Pumpkin Smasher. The event will consist of a demolition derby with a $1,200 prize fund , $500 to win King of the Hill Extreme Spectator’s Race and an event long sought by gear heads throughout the region: the Bone Stock 75.
The event will see the debut of a newly updated rule book entitled “Bone-Stock Chaos Cars” which will replace the existing Chaos Car rule book for next season. The new guide takes the existing Chaos Car rulebook and brings it to its finally completed state which will allow for extended competition on the full-oval at the historic 1/2-mile track. The book has been prepared with newcomers in mind featuring pictures, diagrams and Youtube videos of vehicle construction. The guide has also been designed to minimize impact on existing competitors.
The Bone Stocks provide the highlight of the Pumpkin Smasher, running an extended 75-lap event with challenging obstacle cars parked all around the race track reminiscent of a 1990s era Enduro event. Combined with the Demolition Derby & $500 to win King of the Hill, the day will be an exciting one for spectators and participants.
- Cars are completely stock (bone-stock) front wheel drive four and six cylinder cars with no turbos.
- No modifications are permitted to the cars themselves.
- The only changes to the cars are for safety (roll cage, racing belts, fire suit, helmet).
- Vehicles can be constructed in a week or a weekend depending on skill level.
- Approximate value of each car (with all safety equipment) should be no more than $1,500. Most cars can be built for $1,000 or less.
- Event has $1,200 in prizing posted.
“Building Bone Stock racing has taken a number of years,” explained event promoter John Houghton. “We started with the Chaos Cars to build up a base of competitors passionate about competing in safe, simple, and affordable cars. This event provides the opportunity to highlight the dedication of these drivers, and invite new competitors into the action.”
The event itself has been in development off and on for about four years.
“My goal, working with the drivers, is to put together an affordable program that everyone can feel good about,” explained Houghton. “We’re keeping all the costs low for everyone, especially with the help of our volunteers who plan to be out in force spreading the word about the event.”
The newly updated Bone Stock 75 rule book is available immediately. Details about demolition derby rules and support events will be announced shortly.
“If the event sounds like a circus, it’s because it is,” explained Houghton. “Spectators are going to see a wildly fun event and competitors are going to get the opportunity to have at it in simply constructed cars. This will not be an event to be missed”.
Interested volunteers, partners, & competitors are encouraged to contact John Houghton at the speedway office (519) 652-5068 Ext 201 or e-mail email@example.com.
Registrations for the Bone Stock 75 are now being accepted online at a discounted rate. Registration for the event is $25, but only $16 if registered before September 24 here. Detailed information for Demolition Derby rules & entry will be released separately.
Bone Stock Build Videos
- Episode One: Team Red Baron picks up their ‘94 Cavalier
- Episode Two: Team Red Baron begins preparations to strip the vehicle
- Episode Three: Team Red Baron strips the car
- Episode Four: Team Red Baron begins fabrication
- Episode Five: Team Red Baron Rigging up the Roll Cage
- Episode Six: Team Red Baron Continues the Roll Cage
- Episode Seven: Team Red Baron Continues Preparation
- Episode Eight: Team Red Baron works on Safety and Cage
- Episode Nine: Team Red Baron Finishes Up and Tests the Car
- Episode Ten: FINAL EPISODE: Team Red Baron Runs Their First Race! (Original Chaos Event)