Delaware Modified Series Rule Amendments
Delaware Speedway is excited to add rule amendments for its Open Wheel Modified Triple Crown Series that will run on April 29th, July 1st, and August 19th. Delaware Speedway will also be hosting a ROC Modified tour event on the Fridday of the Great Canadian Race Weekend (September 15th).
The following rules amendments are updated for any existing cars to meet and be able to compete within the Race of Champions rules as used by Delaware Speedway. The following rules will not be permitted at any event outside of Delaware Speedway and may be amended at any time and/or superseded by any Race of Champions and/or Delaware Speedway rules bulletin and/or competition format and/or any rule deviation that may be announced at a driver’s meeting.
1. All non-typical (Troyer, LFR, Racework) type designed modifieds must add 50 lbs to the Race of Champions total weight.
2. Any car utilizing the GM 604/602 Crate Engine with a 4 barrel carburetor must add 50 lbs.
3. All cars must maintain a maximum of 56% left side weight during the entire event. All non-typical (Troyer, LFR, Racework) type designed modifieds must have a maximum of 58% left side weight during the event.
4. For the three (3) events run specifically at Delaware Speedway as part of the Delaware Speedway weekly program, the only tire that will be permitted will be the Hoosier 1070 mounted on a 10”-inch rim. Beginning with the Race of Champions event on September 15th, the only tire permitted will be the Hoosier 1070 mounted on a 10”-inch or 13”-inch rim.
5. For any competitor building a new car and moving forward, it is strongly recommended that the rules that are in place within the Race of Champions rule book be followed and not varied from.
VIEW SERIES RULES – Please note the rule book provided is the official ROC tour rules. Delaware Speedway will not make use of race procedures or formats outlined in this rule book, only pages 85-105 section M.1.B will be used for the Delaware Speedway series.
These amendments apply to any rule book including OSCAAR and OMRS, allowing any modified to participate in the Delaware Speedway series.